DISPATCHER—Badger State Western (Abbotsford)
Badger State Western is seeking to add an additional and unique person to our Dispatch Team.
Currently, we are moving refrigerated LTL and TL freight from our markets in Wisconsin and surrounding states to West Coast states. (We have expanded our market to include the Texas and Florida areas as well.)
- Experience dispatching LTL freight would be helpful.
- Able to work in fast paced, ever changing environment with strong problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent organizational ability, detail oriented, ability to remain calm under pressure, handle multiple and varied tasks.
- Work to ensure that each driver and customer understands the details of each load.
- Knowledge of logistics terminology, DOT guidelines, and HOS regulations.
- Excellent and professional communication skills via phone, e-mail and in person.
- Knowledge of computers and multi-line phone system.
- Strong geographical knowledge.
- Previous experience in the transportation and logistical industry.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations effectively and come to workable solutions effectively.
- Strong sense of time management and prioritization.
- High standards of integrity, self-motivation and energy.
- Experience with Geo Tab or equivalent systems very helpful—willingness to adapt to new software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are a must. The person in this position needs to be approachable by customers, drivers and office employees.
Candidate with bilingual skills would be an advantage but not an absolute must to be considered for this position.
This is a full-time position. We offer an excellent benefit package which includes paid holidays, paid vacation, health, dental/vision, short term disability, life insurance and 401K. Pay will be based on the candidate’s experience.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org